Wednesday, May 10, 2006

"Tell me, what is it that you plan to do
With your one wild and precious life? "

-Mary Oliver

I saw this quote the other day, and have been thinking a lot about how much of my life has gotten away from me. About how much time I've wasted, and how many things I want to do still. Things I've had in my grasp and let slip away, or things (or people - I won't name names so as not to sound as vindictive as I really am) I've wasted time on for no reason other than stupidity. I have a list. I started it years ago. I've scribbled things off out of disgust, anger, or hopelessness. I've added things in moments of motivation or optimism, or just plain wishful thinking.

I will cross one thing off that list by the end of the year. No excuses.

What is it you plan to do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home